Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Modifying links without updating values..

I think I'd wait for the next month's file to be created or create a dummy
workbook that makes the links work (not return the correct values--but at least
not do what you describe).

GOHOINC wrote:

I have a workbook which works exactly as I wish. This workbook pulls data for
a month via links to the production data workbooks, the one I have built is
for the month of may. I want to replicate it for each month. If I do a find
and replace for the word may, I will get propmted to update the values for
each cell containing may, I have over 24,000 cells with may in them. It will
still do the replace, even though the June files dont exist yet, by hitting
cancel. How can I get excel to change these links without prompting me to
update values for every single cell? I can take once per worksheet but 24,000
for one workbook is a bit too many times to have to hit cancel...

--

Dave Peterson