Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
daidipya

Default automatic footer

Is there any way by which the sheet name gets printed automatically in
the footer.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MartinW

Hi daidipya,

put &[tab] in to your footer will display the sheet name
&[file] will display the book name.

If you want this to be in every file you use, then open a blank
worksheet set up your custom footer and save it as a template
file called book1. Put it in the xlstart folder.

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
daidipya

Thanks Martin,

Can you help me on my ealrier post that is how to assign a macro to a
list.

regards

daidipya

MartinW wrote:

Hi daidipya,

put &[tab] in to your footer will display the sheet name
&[file] will display the book name.

If you want this to be in every file you use, then open a blank
worksheet set up your custom footer and save it as a template
file called book1. Put it in the xlstart folder.

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MartinW

Hi daidipya

Unfortunately I can't, but don't despair, it won't be long before
some bright cookie who can help drops by.

Regards
Martin