Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean Lambertz

Default rounding numbers in XL

How can I...

round up or down a a price to the nearest dollar and leave no decimal
points? I have treid formatting the cell so it doesn't show the cents but
the value still exists as a number in excel. I want to show just the whole
dollar amount with no change but I need to do it in one sweeping change to a
huge price list. How can I do that while highlighting the work???

Oh yeah, I can't show any formulas later.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge

Sean

Use a helper column, say F and if the existing prices are in column A then
in F1 enter

=ROUND(A1,0)

Copy this down column F and then copy this column and editpaste special...
Values over column A, you can now delete column F

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Sean Lambertz" wrote in message
How can I...

round up or down a a price to the nearest dollar and leave no decimal
points? I have treid formatting the cell so it doesn't show the cents but
the value still exists as a number in excel. I want to show just the
whole
dollar amount with no change but I need to do it in one sweeping change to
huge price list. How can I do that while highlighting the work???

Oh yeah, I can't show any formulas later.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Assuming in A

B1: =ROUND(A1,0)
copy down
select column B
copy
EditPasteSpecial, click Values
OK
Delete column A

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Sean Lambertz" wrote in message
How can I...

round up or down a a price to the nearest dollar and leave no decimal
points? I have treid formatting the cell so it doesn't show the cents but
the value still exists as a number in excel. I want to show just the

whole
dollar amount with no change but I need to do it in one sweeping change to

huge price list. How can I do that while highlighting the work???

Oh yeah, I can't show any formulas later.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph

"Sean Lambertz" wrote in message
How can I...

round up or down a a price to the nearest dollar and leave no decimal
points? I have treid formatting the cell so it doesn't show the cents but
the value still exists as a number in excel. I want to show just the
whole
dollar amount with no change but I need to do it in one sweeping change to
huge price list. How can I do that while highlighting the work???

Oh yeah, I can't show any formulas later.

=ROUND(A1,0)

If you don't want to show the formula, Cut, then Paste Special/ Values.
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
macropod

Hi Sean,

You could use Tools|Options and check 'precision as displayed'. Although the
cells will still contain the decimal values, you won't see them and they'll
be rounded off in any calculations. No need to select anything.

Cheers