Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Neal Stoughton

Default Excel 2007 Analysis Toolpak

Where are the data analysis functions of the Analysis Toolpak in Excel 2007?
I cannot find them anywhere? Not in the Data tab, not in the Formulas tab.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andy Pope

Hi,

What about Formulas tab, More Functions?

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Neal Stoughton

Not there. I was specifically interested in the data analysis/regression
where it computes the slope/intercept and a whole host of other related
statistics.

I guess I should have waited to install the update until after the day I
have to do a public presentation!

Neal Stoughton wrote:
Where are the data analysis functions of the Analysis Toolpak in Excel 2007?
I cannot find them anywhere? Not in the Data tab, not in the Formulas tab.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jerry W. Lewis

Many (all?) functions from ATP have become worksheet functions, but the
regression tool in ATP is not a function. All output of the ATP regression
tool is either given by or is easily computed from the output of the LINEST
worksheet function.

Jerry

"Neal Stoughton" wrote:

Where are the data analysis functions of the Analysis Toolpak in Excel 2007?
I cannot find them anywhere? Not in the Data tab, not in the Formulas tab.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Neal Stoughton

No its not there unless you enable the "add in" via that new circular button
on the top left of the menu. Finally I figured that out after a lot of
trials and tribulations. It is buried in a further menu as well. How they
expect people to figure out this stuff is beyond me.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

It's at the end of the Formulas tab.

--
Jim
"Neal Stoughton" <Neal wrote in message
| Not there. I was specifically interested in the data analysis/regression
| where it computes the slope/intercept and a whole host of other related
| statistics.
|
| I guess I should have waited to install the update until after the day I
| have to do a public presentation!
|
| "Andy Pope" wrote:
|
| Hi,
|
| What about Formulas tab, More Functions?
|
| Cheers
| Andy
|
| Neal Stoughton wrote:
| Where are the data analysis functions of the Analysis Toolpak in Excel
2007?
| I cannot find them anywhere? Not in the Data tab, not in the Formulas
tab.

| --
|
| Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel

http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Neal Stoughton

That is most definitely not true. There are a whole host of statistics and
significance levels that are done by the regression tool that would have to
be constructed manually using multiple functions.

"Neal Stoughton" wrote:

Where are the data analysis functions of the Analysis Toolpak in Excel 2007?
I cannot find them anywhere? Not in the Data tab, not in the Formulas tab.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jerry W. Lewis

LINEST is the calculation engine for the ATP regression tool. Results
identically match those produced from LINEST in the same version. Results
differ between Excel 2003 and earlier versions in exactly the same way that
LINEST results differ, even though ATP was not updated in 2003.

If you will indicate the regression tool items that you do not know how to
calculate from LINEST, perhaps I can enlighten you.

Jerry