Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
starguy

Default List for country names

I want to validate data to be a country name in a cell. Please tell me
where can I get from complete country list to use in Excel. It should
be in a format that I can put one country name in a single cell
downwards.

--
starguy
starguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32434

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Do a Google for Country List, there are plenty of examples. They are usually
embedded with objects that you will need to delete, but you are only talking
5 minutes work to tidy it up.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

(replace somewhere in email address with googlemail if mailing direct)

"starguy" wrote in
message ...

I want to validate data to be a country name in a cell. Please tell me
where can I get from complete country list to use in Excel. It should
be in a format that I can put one country name in a single cell
downwards.

--
starguy
starguy's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=546382

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MyVeryOwnSelf

I want to validate data to be a country name in a cell. Please tell me
where can I get from complete country list to use in Excel. It should
be in a format that I can put one country name in a single cell
downwards.

One source:

http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-serv...iso-3166-code-
lists/list-en1.html

You can copy from the web page and paste into Excel.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MyVeryOwnSelf

I want to validate data to be a country name in a cell. Please tell me
where can I get from complete country list to use in Excel. It should
be in a format that I can put one country name in a single cell
downwards.

Here’s an improvement on my earlier response:

http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-serv...iso-3166-code-
lists/list-en1-semic.txt

It’s a semicolon-separated text file. Paste into Excel and use
Data Text to columns