Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
STINEHART

Default Runtime Error! R6025 -pure virtual function call

Hello. So far so good with 2007 except for excel. If I start a new blank
worksheet, and click on anything or hit tab I get teh Visual C++ Error.

Runtime Error!

program:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE

R6025
-pure virtual function call
-----------------------------------
Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ross G

If you receive this error:
"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtine Library"
"Runtime Error!"
"Program: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE"
"R6025"
"- pure virtual function call"

Then you must do this:
Start Run : regedit (then click OK)
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Exce l\Addins\RCMSOExt.Connect
There, i opened "LoadBehavior" and changed the Value Data from 3 to "1". I
click
on Ok, re-ran Excel and now its working fine.

If you need me to go into more detail on how i did this, let me know and i
can do the breakdown.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ross G

Ok, this is the kicker, that scripts applies directly to me. Its for an addin
i have running, the RingCentral Fax Client. SO what this tells us is that its
an addin that you have running, so you need to go into your registry going in
as deep as you can from my previous instructions and start to change the
value on the different addins until you find the one giving the issues. I
will say thing, i have 3 listings in my Excel/Addins listing and the first
one was the RCMXOExt.Connect which is what i originally told you to change
the value on. I have 2 other listings on mine though but i did not have to
change them. They were BtOfficeAddin.BtOfficeIntegratration.1 and
PDFMaker.OfficeAddin. So if you have these are the listings in yours, you can
let them be, but if you have a different listing, then change the value of
that and it should correct the problem.
If not, we can discuss it and see if we can correct the issue. In short
though, our older addins are that compatible with the newer Office2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ross G.

You are wonderful, you saved me. I didn't k now what was going on and I
just got a ring central account. Thank you for your post, you saved me a
fortune - I would have had the computer technician here tomorrow and he would
have stayed for hours trying to figure out what the problem was at 60 per
hour.

Again, THANK YOU.

"Ross G" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This fixed my problem and made the R6025 runtime error go away!

I assume that changing that LoadBehavior value from 3 to 1 stops it from
there were a few other add-ins for Excel that had been added by other
software I've installed. All of my other Excel add-ins seem to working fine,
but I'm guessing there might be other Office add-ins that might cause a
similar problem for other users.

Does anyone know of a list of Office add-ins that may not work with any of
the Office 2007 applications?