Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ec17

Default why are my columns labelled with numbers?

Instead of having columns labelled A, B, C etc, my columns are labelled 1,2,3
etc.

My rows are still labelled 1,2,3 but now I can't reference a cell like A1.

This hasn't happened before but seemed to occur when I exported an access
database for analysis in excel.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Tools|Options|General tab|Uncheck R1C1 reference style.

This setting is picked up from the first workbook you open in the session. If
you're unlucky, you may have to change this again. So you'll want to remember
it.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Try this:

From the Excel main menu:
<tools<options<general tab
Uncheck: R1C1 reference style

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"ec17" wrote:

Instead of having columns labelled A, B, C etc, my columns are labelled 1,2,3
etc.

My rows are still labelled 1,2,3 but now I can't reference a cell like A1.

This hasn't happened before but seemed to occur when I exported an access
database for analysis in excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1

hi,
on the tool bar go to Toolsoptionsgeneral tab
uncheck R1C1 reference style.

regards
FSt1

"ec17" wrote:

Instead of having columns labelled A, B, C etc, my columns are labelled 1,2,3
etc.

My rows are still labelled 1,2,3 but now I can't reference a cell like A1.

This hasn't happened before but seemed to occur when I exported an access
database for analysis in excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ragdyer

<Tools <Options <General tab,