Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cbalster

Default Advanced MS Excel charts with data optimization

I am doing a research paper on stock market volatility. I want to create
a chart that lets the user customize the criteria for percentage moves
in the stock market. The distribution chart is a histogram of shifts in
the S&P 500 index. I want to create a chart where users can specify what
percentage change occured in the market, and what the market did a
specified amount of days after.

I would like to create 2 buttons, one which let's the viewer change the
percentage move in the market (from -10%,-9%...9%,10%), and one that
let's the viewer change the the number of days (1-30) following that
move to be displayed in the distribution.

For example, I would like to the user to be able to customize the chart
see the distribution of stock market moves 21 days after a 5% decline in
the market, and easily change the criteria to see the distribution of
market movements 5 days after a 2% increase. Changing these criteria
with buttons would automatically update the graph.

Any ideas how to do this

--
cbalster
cbalster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34855