Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wnfisba

Default VLOOKUP

I need some serious VLOOKUP Help.

I ahve the follwoing formula which is returning "True" in all cases and I
know that's not the case because I've checked the data.

Can anyone help me???

Does anyone know of any good web sites that explain how VLOOKUP works???

Here's the formula...

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(O4,Inventory!$A$5:$A$1712,1,0))," True","False")

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

The formula seems to work for me as you've written it. Try checking the
spelling of "Inventory" between your formula and the actual SheetName.
Otherwise, the difference between O4 and it's corresponding value on the
Inventory Sheet may be that one is formatted as TEXT and the other as a
number

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"wnfisba" wrote:

I need some serious VLOOKUP Help.

I ahve the follwoing formula which is returning "True" in all cases and I
know that's not the case because I've checked the data.

Can anyone help me???

Does anyone know of any good web sites that explain how VLOOKUP works???

Here's the formula...

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(O4,Inventory!$A$5:$A$1712,1,0))," True","False")

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wnfisba

The spelling of the sheet is correct..."Inventory"...and the formatting of
both cells is "General"...

HELP!!!!!

"wnfisba" wrote:

I need some serious VLOOKUP Help.

I ahve the follwoing formula which is returning "True" in all cases and I
know that's not the case because I've checked the data.

Can anyone help me???

Does anyone know of any good web sites that explain how VLOOKUP works???

Here's the formula...

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(O4,Inventory!$A$5:$A$1712,1,0))," True","False")

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wnfisba

Could it be that one has trailing spaces and the other spreadsheet does not
have trailing spaces???

"wnfisba" wrote:

I need some serious VLOOKUP Help.

I ahve the follwoing formula which is returning "True" in all cases and I
know that's not the case because I've checked the data.

Can anyone help me???

Does anyone know of any good web sites that explain how VLOOKUP works???

Here's the formula...

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(O4,Inventory!$A$5:$A$1712,1,0))," True","False")

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

"General" format is a fooler sometimes....it may still be TEXT..........try
clicking on a blank unused cell somewhere, then click on the FormatPainter
paintbrush and then click on the cell in Inventory sheet that contains your
value of interest, then RETYPE the number in that cell and see if it
works..........and then maybe try the same thing with O4........and be sure
"Inventory" does not have a leading or trailing space.

Your basic syntax for the formula is correct..........try setting up another
formula using other variables to check it out and prove it to yourself.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"wnfisba" wrote:

I need some serious VLOOKUP Help.

I ahve the follwoing formula which is returning "True" in all cases and I
know that's not the case because I've checked the data.

Can anyone help me???

Does anyone know of any good web sites that explain how VLOOKUP works???

Here's the formula...

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(O4,Inventory!$A$5:$A$1712,1,0))," True","False")

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Indeed it could...........both must be exactly the same for the formula to
work.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3