Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Richard

Default Is there a way to set up a template for new workbooks?

I would like to use a template that contains my macros so that when i start
excel or create a new spreadsheet, i will have access to my standard macros,
VBA code, etc.

Is this possible?

Regards,

Richard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Lautman

Richard wrote:
I would like to use a template that contains my macros so that when i
start excel or create a new spreadsheet, i will have access to my
standard macros, VBA code, etc.

Is this possible?

Regards,

Richard

Instead store them in your personal macro workbook. Then they'll be
available on existing workbooks too.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
macronewfie

When you create your macros,store the macro in "personal Macro Workbook".
This will make all your macros available for any spreadsheet you create.
However, when you send someone else your spreadsheet, there will be no
macro's attached to the workbook.

macronewfie
"Richard" wrote:

I would like to use a template that contains my macros so that when i start
excel or create a new spreadsheet, i will have access to my standard macros,
VBA code, etc.

Is this possible?

Regards,

Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

If you save your macros to the Personal.xls file, this file will open in the
background each time Excel opens, making all the macros in that workbook
available to all others.

--
Kevin Backmann

"Richard" wrote:

I would like to use a template that contains my macros so that when i start
excel or create a new spreadsheet, i will have access to my standard macros,
VBA code, etc.

Is this possible?

Regards,

Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Richard

Thanks everyone. I may be a bit slow, but I have two questions:

1. Where do I find Personal.xls (or should I create it, and if so, where
should I save it)?
2. I assume that using this to create a spreadsheet, will not save the
macros in the saved file and macros will thus not work on somebody elses
computer if they open the file across a network.

Regards,

Richard

"Richard" wrote:

I would like to use a template that contains my macros so that when i start
excel or create a new spreadsheet, i will have access to my standard macros,
VBA code, etc.

Is this possible?

Regards,

Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Lautman

Richard wrote:
Thanks everyone. I may be a bit slow, but I have two questions:

1. Where do I find Personal.xls (or should I create it, and if so,
where should I save it)?

If you record a macro, the Record Macro dialog has a field for "Store macro
in:". Select "Personal Macro Workbook" and Excel will create one for you.

2. I assume that using this to create a spreadsheet, will not save the
macros in the saved file and macros will thus not work on somebody
elses computer if they open the file across a network.

Correct.