Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mikeburg

Default Obtaining & using last cell in a column in a cell formula

I have the following formula in cell C1 to count the number of cells
containing figures greater than 0, zero:

=COUNTIF(G4:G200,"0")

However, I don't always know what will be the last cell used in column
G that might be 0.

What would be the fomula to count the cells with occurances 0 from G4
thru the end of column G without having to specify the very last cell in
column G?

(Note, not all cells from G4 to the last cell in column G will be 0)

Thanks so much. mikeburg

--
mikeburg
mikeburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24581

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

=COUNTIF(G:G,"0")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

(replace somewhere in email address with googlemail if mailing direct)

"mikeburg" wrote in
message ...

I have the following formula in cell C1 to count the number of cells
containing figures greater than 0, zero:

=COUNTIF(G4:G200,"0")

However, I don't always know what will be the last cell used in column
G that might be 0.

What would be the fomula to count the cells with occurances 0 from G4
thru the end of column G without having to specify the very last cell in
column G?

(Note, not all cells from G4 to the last cell in column G will be 0)

Thanks so much. mikeburg

--
mikeburg
mikeburg's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=545563

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mikeburg

Thanks. I thought of that, but I do not want to include the 1st three
rows in column G.

Any other ideas?

mikeburg

--