Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lynnw

Default Formulas do not recognize numbers

I am trying to find the average for a list of numbers. These numbers
were pulled from a database, run through a mailmerge program and then
given back to me. They look like normal numbers, and don't seem to have
any odd formatting, but the AVERAGE function does not seem to see them,
and returns a #DIV/0! error. When I click on the cells as if I am going
to change the data, the numbers are suddenly recognized by the formula
as if they have changed format somehow.

Can anybody help? IS there some way I can change the format of these
numbers, I don't want to have to double click on thousands of cells to
miraculously change them to be recognized....

???HELP

--
lynnw
lynnw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34769