Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shelly Faye

Default print cell upside down

Hi. I use Excel to make file tabs for our vertical file cabinet. I create
an entire sheet, which we then cut out.

I type the label names in the second, fourth, sixth, etc row, and link to
those labels in the first, third, fifth, etc row. (so that I don't need to
type twice)

I leave the two duplicated labels attached, and fold it over, to have the
text printed on both sides (so that you can read the labels no matter which
side you approach the cabinet from). The only problem is that the text on
one side is now upside down.

The text rotation option will only let you rotate 90° in either direction -
how do I rotate 180°?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lorena

Shelly,

You may add text boxes and have the type appear upside down, however, you
will need to enter the item in both cells (not just the one cell to be
copied). OR, maybe a macro to "redo" all the top ones from the bottom
selection.
--
Lori DeMoss
HP Administrator

"Shelly Faye" wrote:

Hi. I use Excel to make file tabs for our vertical file cabinet. I create
an entire sheet, which we then cut out.

I type the label names in the second, fourth, sixth, etc row, and link to
those labels in the first, third, fifth, etc row. (so that I don't need to
type twice)

I leave the two duplicated labels attached, and fold it over, to have the
text printed on both sides (so that you can read the labels no matter which
side you approach the cabinet from). The only problem is that the text on
one side is now upside down.

The text rotation option will only let you rotate 90° in either direction -
how do I rotate 180°?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shelly Faye

Hi Lorena - I added a text box, but the flip option is grayed out - and then
I added a shape to which I added text - but when I flipped it - the text
stayed right side up!!??!

What am I doing wrong?

"Shelly Faye" wrote:

Hi. I use Excel to make file tabs for our vertical file cabinet. I create
an entire sheet, which we then cut out.

I type the label names in the second, fourth, sixth, etc row, and link to
those labels in the first, third, fifth, etc row. (so that I don't need to
type twice)

I leave the two duplicated labels attached, and fold it over, to have the
text printed on both sides (so that you can read the labels no matter which
side you approach the cabinet from). The only problem is that the text on
one side is now upside down.

The text rotation option will only let you rotate 90° in either direction -
how do I rotate 180°?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

A couple of more options.

You could insert a WordArt drawing object and manipulate that the way you want.

Insert|Picture|WordArt

Or

You can type what you want in a range
then select that range
edit|copy
select the new location
shift-edit|paste picture link

Then rotate that picture the way you want.

Shelly Faye wrote:

Hi. I use Excel to make file tabs for our vertical file cabinet. I create
an entire sheet, which we then cut out.

I type the label names in the second, fourth, sixth, etc row, and link to
those labels in the first, third, fifth, etc row. (so that I don't need to
type twice)

I leave the two duplicated labels attached, and fold it over, to have the
text printed on both sides (so that you can read the labels no matter which
side you approach the cabinet from). The only problem is that the text on
one side is now upside down.

The text rotation option will only let you rotate 90° in either direction -
how do I rotate 180°?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shelly Faye

Thanks soooo much, Sandy - it is amazing that the simpliest answer is the
best - (talk about thinking outside the box!)

This works fine - it is just more difficult to format the text if their are
multiple lines...but it works!

Thank you for your help.

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

I would format the orientation in two adjacent columns to oposite 90° This
will allow you to fold the two cells over and have both readable

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Shelly Faye" wrote in message
Hi. I use Excel to make file tabs for our vertical file cabinet. I
create
an entire sheet, which we then cut out.

I type the label names in the second, fourth, sixth, etc row, and link to
those labels in the first, third, fifth, etc row. (so that I don't need
type twice)

I leave the two duplicated labels attached, and fold it over, to have the
text printed on both sides (so that you can read the labels no matter
which
side you approach the cabinet from). The only problem is that the text on
one side is now upside down.

The text rotation option will only let you rotate 90° in either
direction -
how do I rotate 180°?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shelly Faye

Thank you, Dave - this is too much work for a sheet of thirty labels - but is
worth while for other applications.

Thank you for your help.