Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kirsty

Default Can I format a row based on the contents of one cell?

For example: I have a table of data that contains the column 'status'. If
the contents of the 'status' cell is COMPLETE, I want to change the color
format of the row (i.e. make it grey).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Yes, use conditional formatting, select the whole row and use a formula of

=$A1="COMPLETE"

--
HTH

Bob Phillips