-   -   Can I format a row based on the contents of one cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/90057-can-i-format-row-based-contents-one-cell.html)

Kirsty

Can I format a row based on the contents of one cell?

For example: I have a table of data that contains the column 'status'. If
the contents of the 'status' cell is COMPLETE, I want to change the color
format of the row (i.e. make it grey).

Bob Phillips

Can I format a row based on the contents of one cell?

Yes, use conditional formatting, select the whole row and use a formula of

=$A1="COMPLETE"

--
HTH

Bob Phillips