Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Laura Parson

Default Find by row number

Is there a way to find by a row number or column letter like you can find by
data or cell reference? I couldn't find an option using CTRL+F or the Data,
Form.

For example, if I am at the top of a worksheet and would like to quickly
move to row 782, how is this accomplished?

I searched the previous posts for this same question but did not find it.

Thanks!
Laura :-)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ellen

Hi Laura,
Try Edit/GoTo then key in whatever cell you're looking for, for instance
A782. I know I'm sending you to a specific cell, but I hope this is helpful
anyway.

Ellen :-D

"Laura Parson" wrote:

Is there a way to find by a row number or column letter like you can find by
data or cell reference? I couldn't find an option using CTRL+F or the Data,
Form.

For example, if I am at the top of a worksheet and would like to quickly
move to row 782, how is this accomplished?

I searched the previous posts for this same question but did not find it.

Thanks!
Laura :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Try something like this:

Press the [F5] key (that's the shortcut for <edit<goto)
Type a reference in the input box:

Examples:
A782....to select cell A782
or
782:782.... to select entire row 782

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Laura Parson" wrote:

Is there a way to find by a row number or column letter like you can find by
data or cell reference? I couldn't find an option using CTRL+F or the Data,
Form.

For example, if I am at the top of a worksheet and would like to quickly
move to row 782, how is this accomplished?

I searched the previous posts for this same question but did not find it.

Thanks!
Laura :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Laura Parson

Thanks, Ellen! I can't believe I didn't think about putting the letter in
front of it!

Have a great day!

Laura :-)

"Laura Parson" wrote:

Is there a way to find by a row number or column letter like you can find by
data or cell reference? I couldn't find an option using CTRL+F or the Data,
Form.

For example, if I am at the top of a worksheet and would like to quickly
move to row 782, how is this accomplished?

I searched the previous posts for this same question but did not find it.

Thanks!
Laura :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

In the "Name box", type A782 and press Enter......the cursor will be
transported to cell A782

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Laura Parson" wrote:

Is there a way to find by a row number or column letter like you can find by
data or cell reference? I couldn't find an option using CTRL+F or the Data,
Form.

For example, if I am at the top of a worksheet and would like to quickly
move to row 782, how is this accomplished?

I searched the previous posts for this same question but did not find it.

Thanks!
Laura :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

You're welcome.........thanks for the thanks.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Laura Parson" wrote:

Thanks, Chuck!