Kim

Default find the lowest value in a row and add a number to it

I have a row with class grades in it and I want to be able to automatically
find the lowest grade and add the bonus points to it.

Ex: Column A - 85 Column B - 98 Column C - 75 Column D - 100 Column E
- 5

I want the formula to find Column C as the lowest number and add Column E to
it (the 5 points) so Column C will now read 80 instead of 75.

Any help? Thanks!

Roger Govier

Sorry Kim

I didn't read your question correctly.
You will need a VBA solution to achieve this, and whilst I could eventually
work it out, there are others in this group who will give you much more
efficient code to achieve your requirement.

Regards

Roger Govier

Roger Govier wrote:
Hi Kim

=MIN(A1:D1)+E1

Regards

Roger Govier

Kim wrote:

I have a row with class grades in it and I want to be able to
automatically find the lowest grade and add the bonus points to it.

Ex: Column A - 85 Column B - 98 Column C - 75 Column D - 100
Column E - 5

I want the formula to find Column C as the lowest number and add
Column E to it (the 5 points) so Column C will now read 80 instead of 75.

Any help? Thanks!

Anne Troy

=min(a2:d2)+e2
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Kim" wrote in message
I have a row with class grades in it and I want to be able to automatically
find the lowest grade and add the bonus points to it.

Ex: Column A - 85 Column B - 98 Column C - 75 Column D - 100 Column
- 5

I want the formula to find Column C as the lowest number and add Column E
it (the 5 points) so Column C will now read 80 instead of 75.

Any help? Thanks!

Kim

YAY - that worked - Thanks Anne!!

"Anne Troy" wrote: