Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LW_Greeney

Default Vlookup using letter and numeric codes

I wonder if anyone can help me, I have got a spreadsheet where i want to
lookup product information using vlookup, but the problem i am having is that
becuase my product codes are both numeric and letter based it does'nt work
correctly.

I know if i use letter or numbers on there own it works fine but I would
like to use both, is there anyway to accomplish this?

Cheers

Alistaire
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Miguel Zapico

That shouldn't be a problem, while the list contains unique values. Try
adding FALSE as the fourth parameter on the VLOOKUP formula, as this will
disable the need of having a sorted list.

Hope this helps,
Miguel