Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Hemant

Default counting Criteria

Hi,

I have the following entry in a spreadsheet

Col A Col B
5a p
5a f
6 p
5a p
7 p

what summary I would like is as follows:

No. of "p":
5a = 2
6 = 1
7 = 1
No. of "f":
5a = 1
6 = 0
7 = 0

Is there way of couting on these criteria?

many thanks in advance

Hemant
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$100="5a"),--($B$1:$B$100="p"))

etc.

Note that SUMPRODUCT doesn't work with complete columns, you have to specify
a range.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips