Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
fran1977

Default Merging data in Worksheets !!!! - Help Please!!!

Hi all,

I am new to this and need some serious help with my working life. Hope
you can help.....please.

I am trying to find a way of looking up values in one worksheet to
populate another...... i.e. if a certain value in column A exists in
one worksheet match it to a value in a particular column in a second
worksheet - then return a corresponding value in another column from
one worksheet to another.

I have attempted this using IF statements between the two worksheets,
however.... the values being looked for are not always present in the
second worksheet. Hence it all falls apart because i'm using specific
rows ( I think).
The formuls I'm using looks something like

=IF(A1=Sheet2!A1,Sheet2!B1,"None")

In this specific task I am try to carry out all values possible exist
in the first worksheet (the one I am try to populate). There will never
be a value I am trying to match in the 2nd worksheet that is not in the
first.

E.g.

All values exist in column A of worksheet trying to populate.

Some of these values may not be present in the second worksheet with
the corresponding value I am trying to merge.

But the second worksheet will never have any additional values that
don't match back to what I am looking for

Hope someone can advise me on what I'm doing wrong

From a distrught and fustrated Welsh lass

Thank you in advance

--
fran1977
fran1977's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34540

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ardus Petus

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A1,Sheet2!A:A,0)),"None",INDEX(Shee t2!B:B,MATCH(A1,Sheet2!A:A,0)))

HTH
--
AP

"fran1977" a écrit
dans le message de news:

[...]

From a distrught and fustrated Welsh lass

Thank you in advance

--
fran1977
fran1977's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bgeier

I HATE seeing "distraught and frustrated Welsh lasses", so I will do my
part for chivalry and international relations, if you will accept
assistance from a Yank knight in somewhat tarnished armour....

I would like to clarify what you are asking for.
1. Column "A" of the "Destination" sheet has ALL possible values from
the "Source" sheet.

2. Column "A" of the "Source" sheet will NOT have all possible
"Destination" values

3. Copy a value from the "Source" sheet to the "Destination" sheet
based on the value in column "A"

4. Will there be more than 1 instance on the "Source" sheet of any
given value (will there be more than 1 occurence of a value?) will
these multiple occurrences have a corresponding value on the
"Destination" sheet?

--
bgeier
bgeier's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12822

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
fran1977

Waw...... That's amazing it has worked.

Brilliant thank you so much you would not believe how much this has
helped me

Thank you - One very happy person:) :) :) :)