Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tmurcer

Default vlookup #N/A error

I am receiving the #N/A error when trying to run a vlookup. I have run
into this before, and have typically been able to convert the cells to
like formatting in order to fix. It didnt work this time.

Both files that I am working with came from external sources. One of
the files would not allow me to autofit the column. I suspect there
are additional hidden spaces at the end of my text.

let me know if more info is required to assist. thanks,

--
tmurcer
tmurcer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33806

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dark_Templar

Try this:

=IF(ISERROR(vlookup(…))=TRUE,"",vlookup(…))

(It says: If Vlookup is giving an error, put in a "" (blank), if it
does not give an error, it does the actual look up)

--
Dark_Templar
Dark_Templar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33279

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tmurcer

I was able to fix this by using the trim function. thanks,

Todd