Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
guillaume

Default Hide a row based on a cel value

Hi,

I am looking for a scirpt or function that would allow to hide a row based
on a cel value. I looked at some sample macros but not knowledgeable enough
to customize those macros and therefore get an error message. Thanks for any
advise:

I am creating a small project status report. Each row is an action item. As
follow:

# Area Task Action Item Owner %Complete
1 Tech Specs Review specs AL 50%
2 Tech Specs Complete p.4 BH <25%

....etc

The %Complete column uses a vailidation list with %100, 50%, <25% values.
All I need is an automatic functions that hides for each a row (=an action
item) if the %complete value is equal to %100.

I am not a macro expert, so I tried some other technics using functions but
unsucessfully.

thanks in advance for any advise.

Sincerly,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin

I am not a macro expert, so I tried some other technics using functions but
unsucessfully.

You can use this Add-in if you want
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

Or do you want a macro ?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"guillaume" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme

Let's say that row 1 has "# Area Task ....)
That the first record is in row 2 using cells A2:
Use a helper column;
In G1 enter the text Show
In G2 enter =IF(F2=100%,"N", "Y") and copy down the column by double
clicking G2's fill handle (little solid square in lower right of active
cell)
Now you have Y's and N's
Select all the data including top row and helper column; Use Data:Filter:
AutoFilter
Now you can have rows with only Y in the SHOW column visible
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
guillaume

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP ! I decided to use the help colum technic....easy
to use.

One recitifcation on the forumla, it should be: =IF(F2="100%","N", "Y") as
I stored percentage in text in order to allow ranges like: <50% or 70%-85%.

thanks a lot !

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett

The helper column is just not needed. Just use datafilterautofilter
<100%

or this macro

Sub HideRowsPrint()
vlr = Cells(Rows.Count, "e").End(xlUp).Row
With Range(Cells(1, "e"), Cells(vlr, "e"))
.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="<100%"
End With

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software