Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tim

Default Disable Update Automatic Links

I have a user that receives orders on a spreadsheet via e-mail from a
customer on a daily basis. This user doesn't use spreadsheets with external
or internal links. How can I disable Excel from attempting to update
automatic links for everything that it opens? I know I can do it for a
individual workbook but I want it disabled for all worksheets on this
particular users computer.

I appreciate any help you can give me.
--
Tim Mehrley
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech

How can I disable Excel from attempting to update automatic links for
everything that it opens?

You can't. The only workaround is to open workbooks via a macro. Then you
can tell Excel not to update links (the False argument):

Sub a()
Dim WB As Variant
WB = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel files (*.xls),*.xls")
If Not WB = False Then Workbooks.Open WB, False
End Sub

So you'd have to provide the user with a toolbar button that ran a macro
like the above (which should to be in his Personal.xls). But if he insisted
in opening file by double-clicking then this wouldn't work.

--
Jim