Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tazz

Default how do i merge numbers from excel to word without them changing

How do i merge numbers from excel to word without them changing? I have tried
everything, but when the merge is complete all number fields have added about
9 decimal points?? do you have any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sukhjeet

Hi Tazz
Suggest you use a "helper column" to format the numbers as text using the
formula
=text(A1, "#.##") where A1 contains the number.
The number of #s after the decimal point decide how many decimal points you
want.
Now when you merge, use the new column instead of the old one.
Sukhjeet

"Tazz" wrote:

How do i merge numbers from excel to word without them changing? I have tried
everything, but when the merge is complete all number fields have added about
9 decimal points?? do you have any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Debra Dalgleish posted this:

There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you:

Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word
http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/as...164951033.aspx

And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill
has instructions he

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm

about half way down the page.

--