Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Arvi Laanemets

Default Excel to word merge

Hi

To use Excel table as a source for MS Word Mail Merge, better create a
special table for it, where all numeric and date values are replaces with
strings. I.e. when in your original table the date was p.e. in cell B5 on
sheet Data, then in new table in cell B5 you have the formula
=TEXT(Data!B5,"dd/mm/yyyy")

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"Patsy Rogge" wrote in message
Hi

We are trying to do a merge from Excel to Word in Office 2003. The date
format we need is DD/MM/YYYY. In Excel it displays correctly, but as soon
as you merge to word, it swops the format around to MM/DD/YYYY. It also
swops the format around in the Excel file at that point. We have checked
the
regional settings and everything is correct.

Has anyone got any ideas???

Thanks

--
Patsy Rogge

--
Patsy Rogge

012-420 7240
012-420 7230

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bruce Sinclair

In article , "Arvi Laanemets" wrote:
Hi

To use Excel table as a source for MS Word Mail Merge, better create a
special table for it, where all numeric and date values are replaces with
strings. I.e. when in your original table the date was p.e. in cell B5 on
sheet Data, then in new table in cell B5 you have the formula
=TEXT(Data!B5,"dd/mm/yyyy")

Other possibility is to make sure you get the data via DDE. The other
options certainly give other formating problems.

Bruce

(if there were any)