Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mark Rooker

Default How do I lookup data and result specifics?

In A1:A590 i have a list part no., in B1:A590 I have the status (New, old,
Current, Dev)
what I am wanting to do is lookup any status, say New and list all the part
no associated.
To me sounds simple but in practice its a different story

Regards
Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mistysweep

Mark,

It sounds to me like all you need to do is apply the filter.

Highlight the two columns, DATA -- Filter -- Auto filter.

On the drop down arrows pick the status and everything else disappears apart
from the status and the part.

Cheers
--
Many thanks

Mistysweep

"Mark Rooker" wrote:

In A1:A590 i have a list part no., in B1:A590 I have the status (New, old,
Current, Dev)
what I am wanting to do is lookup any status, say New and list all the part
no associated.
To me sounds simple but in practice its a different story

Regards
Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mark Rooker

Thanks, but I didn't explain that thee results are to be on a different
worksheet.

The original data is extracted from an external source, and I was wanting to
use the same lookup form a mutitude of worksheets to put all the results on 1.

Can this be done?

Cheers