Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default vlookups

Hey

My problem is such.

I have two seperate spreadsheets. The first one has a list of reference
numbers with a value relating to it. In the second one I had the same list of
numbers but not in the same order as the first and with different values
related to it. What I need is the value from the first sheet to appear next
to the same number as the first sheet but in the second sheet.

I hope that makes sense
Please Let Me Know

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gazeta

U¿ytkownik "T" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
Hey

My problem is such.

I have two seperate spreadsheets. The first one has a list of reference
numbers with a value relating to it. In the second one I had the same list

of
numbers but not in the same order as the first and with different values
related to it. What I need is the value from the first sheet to appear

next
to the same number as the first sheet but in the second sheet.

I hope that makes sense
Please Let Me Know

vlookup should do that
mcg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
davesexcel

T Wrote:
Ya i'm aware that vlookups does that. I need to know how to do it using
vlookup

[/color]

Search the newsgroups for VLOOKUP you will get tons of info

use excels "help" and search for vlookup

--
davesexcel

davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541693