-   -   vlookups (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/88389-vlookups.html)

vlookups

Hey

My problem is such.

I have two seperate spreadsheets. The first one has a list of reference
numbers with a value relating to it. In the second one I had the same list of
numbers but not in the same order as the first and with different values
related to it. What I need is the value from the first sheet to appear next
to the same number as the first sheet but in the second sheet.

I hope that makes sense
Please Let Me Know

Gazeta

vlookups

Użytkownik "T" napisał w wiadomości
Hey

My problem is such.

I have two seperate spreadsheets. The first one has a list of reference
numbers with a value relating to it. In the second one I had the same list

of
numbers but not in the same order as the first and with different values
related to it. What I need is the value from the first sheet to appear

next
to the same number as the first sheet but in the second sheet.

I hope that makes sense
Please Let Me Know

vlookup should do that
mcg

vlookups

Ya i'm aware that vlookups does that. I need to know how to do it using vlookup

"Gazeta" wrote:

UÂżytkownik "T" napisaÂł w wiadomoÂści
Hey

My problem is such.

I have two seperate spreadsheets. The first one has a list of reference
numbers with a value relating to it. In the second one I had the same list

of
numbers but not in the same order as the first and with different values
related to it. What I need is the value from the first sheet to appear

next
to the same number as the first sheet but in the second sheet.

I hope that makes sense
Please Let Me Know

vlookup should do that
mcg

Ardus Petus

vlookups

Assuming data in sheet1 are in columns A and B
idem in sheet2

In sheet2 C1, enter:
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1:A:B,2,0)
and drag down.

HTH
--
AP

"T" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hey

My problem is such.

I have two seperate spreadsheets. The first one has a list of reference
numbers with a value relating to it. In the second one I had the same list
of
numbers but not in the same order as the first and with different values
related to it. What I need is the value from the first sheet to appear
next
to the same number as the first sheet but in the second sheet.

I hope that makes sense
Please Let Me Know

davesexcel

vlookups

T Wrote:
Ya i'm aware that vlookups does that. I need to know how to do it using
vlookup

[/color]

Search the newsgroups for VLOOKUP you will get tons of info

use excels "help" and search for vlookup

--
davesexcel

davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541693