Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JTWood

Default Open Separate Excel Files in Separate Windows

Hey everyone,

I did a quick search on this, but I didn't see anything that fit my
question.

My company recently "standardized" their IT across all departments
around the world. I've been the lucky one in my department that has
been adversely affected by the standardization. I've managed to reset
just about everything that IT altered with one exception, and it's
really petty, but it annoys me to no end.

When I open Excel, it creates the usual taskbar button indicating that
Excel is open and running. When I open up a second file, it does not
create a new taskbar button. In the past, my taskbar would create a
new button for every file I had running, and I would switch between
files that way. Now, the only way I can switch between files is to go
to Windows - File Name. I hate doing that. No particular reason for
it. I just do.

How do I turn it back to how it used to be? I didn't see anything
under Tools - Options that affected this, but if I missed it, please,
please, please let me know.

Here are all of my current settings:

System - XP Prof 2002, SP 1
Taskbar Properties, Group similar tasbar buttons - Disabled <- i
thought this would fix the problem, but it didn't.
Office - Microsoft Office Excel 2003 (11.8012.6408) SP1

TIA!

--
JTWood
JTWood's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34192

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR

<Tools <Options <View tab,

And *CHECK*
"Windows In Taskbar".

--

HTH,

RD

"JTWood" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

ToolsOptionsView....Windows in TaskBar.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 6 May 2006 15:32:11 -0500, JTWood
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JTWood

Thanks for the help!