Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
H.

Default deleting rows

Have a sheet with some 500 rows.

Each row has in column A a date (ranging from januari 1 to whtever end date
but lets say december 31).
In the remaining columns are values I need belonging to the dates
(laboratory results to be more accurate) .
I need a macro that deletes all rows with a date NOT in quarter 1.

Think its easy, but I cannot make one that quick..... :-)
Who...?

thx
H.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin

Hi H.

Depend when your quarter start
EasyFilter have a option to do this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"H." wrote in message ...
Have a sheet with some 500 rows.

Each row has in column A a date (ranging from januari 1 to whtever end date but lets say december 31).
In the remaining columns are values I need belonging to the dates (laboratory results to be more accurate) .
I need a macro that deletes all rows with a date NOT in quarter 1.

Think its easy, but I cannot make one that quick..... :-)
Who...?

thx
H.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Personally, I would use Data Filter AutoFilter and set a custom filter
on the date column for "greater than and less than" the dates of interest.
That way you could still have the data but yet it would be out of sight.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"H." wrote:

Have a sheet with some 500 rows.

Each row has in column A a date (ranging from januari 1 to whtever end date
but lets say december 31).
In the remaining columns are values I need belonging to the dates
(laboratory results to be more accurate) .
I need a macro that deletes all rows with a date NOT in quarter 1.

Think its easy, but I cannot make one that quick..... :-)
Who...?

thx
H.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
H.

Ron,

I do not have the rights to ad an add-in on every computer that is going to
use the workbook in question. So and ad-in is not an option. Thanks anyhow!

H.

"Ron de Bruin" schreef in bericht

"H." wrote in message
Have a sheet with some 500 rows.

Each row has in column A a date (ranging from januari 1 to whtever end
date but lets say december 31).
In the remaining columns are values I need belonging to the dates
(laboratory results to be more accurate) .
I need a macro that deletes all rows with a date NOT in quarter 1.

Think its easy, but I cannot make one that quick..... :-)
Who...?

thx
H.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
H.

Chuck,

As said, I need a macro. It should leave me a clean number of rows of only
the first quarter only. All other lines HAVE to be gone. I don't want
another user of the sheet to stumble over these other quarters values.

I guess, that I can make a macro around the way you describe. But I have to
autofilter to show only the 3th to 4th quarter. Than delete these rows. And
than reset the autofilter to show the (remaining) first Quarter rows.... but
this option looks a little bit to complex? I thought it might be possible in
an easier way?

H.

"CLR" schreef in bericht

"H." wrote:

Have a sheet with some 500 rows.

Each row has in column A a date (ranging from januari 1 to whtever end
date
but lets say december 31).
In the remaining columns are values I need belonging to the dates
(laboratory results to be more accurate) .
I need a macro that deletes all rows with a date NOT in quarter 1.

Think its easy, but I cannot make one that quick..... :-)
Who...?

thx
H.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
H.

I guess, that I can make a macro around the way you describe. But I have
to autofilter to show only the 3th to 4th quarter. Than delete these rows.
And

of course meant 2nd to 4th quarter here...

H.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin

Is Jan 1 the first day of quarter 1?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"H." wrote in message ...
Have a sheet with some 500 rows.

Each row has in column A a date (ranging from januari 1 to whtever end date but lets say december 31).
In the remaining columns are values I need belonging to the dates (laboratory results to be more accurate) .
I need a macro that deletes all rows with a date NOT in quarter 1.

Think its easy, but I cannot make one that quick..... :-)
Who...?

thx
H.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
H.

yes...
and the last day is 31 of march

"Ron de Bruin" schreef in bericht
Is Jan 1 the first day of quarter 1?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin

Try this macro for the range A1:A10000
A1 is a header

Sub Delete_with_Autofilter()
Dim rng As Range

With ActiveSheet
.Range("A1:A10000").AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=" & DateSerial(2006, 4, 1), _
Operator:=xlOr, Criteria2:="<=" & DateSerial(2005, 12, 31)
With ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range
On Error Resume Next
Set rng = .Offset(1, 0).Resize(.Rows.Count - 1, 1) _
.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
On Error GoTo 0
If Not rng Is Nothing Then rng.EntireRow.Delete

End With
.AutoFilterMode = False
End With

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"H." wrote in message ...
yes...
and the last day is 31 of march

"Ron de Bruin" schreef in bericht ...
Is Jan 1 the first day of quarter 1?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
H.

Thx Ron,

I will try tomorrow or monday (as soon as I am working on this workbook
again). And of course I let you know if it worked!