Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hachiroku

Default column copying and saving

Im wondering if there is an easy way to copy select columns
D, E, H, I to columns A, B, C, D to another workbook (E to A)

Then I have to filter by name in column A of new workbook and save a
file for each name. Is there a way to automate this procedure?

Thanks

hachiroku
hachiroku's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34039
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537996

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You could have a macro do the work for you.

You may want to try Ron de Bruin's Easyfilter:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

Or look at the way Debra Dalgleish does it:

Debra's site:

Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

or

Update Sheets from Master -- uses an Advanced Filter to send data from
Master sheet to individual worksheets -- replaces old data with current.
AdvFilterCity.xls 55 kb

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mudraker

It is possible to do what you want by a macro.

the data you copy from the master workbook is it to contain only the
data for the one name to a new workbook and that new workbook saved
with a file name based on that name.

Or do you want all the information from the master book to be saved to
each new book withh only the rows visible that = the one name.

--
mudraker
mudraker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2473