Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
brasax

Default cannot open encrypted file

Hi,

I had encrypted one excel file [xl2003] so it could only open transparently
when I'm logged in. It worked fine for the last year, and now suddenly it's
saying that the file is encrypted and cannot be accessed.

I tried going into properties and unchecking the 'encrypt contents to secure
data' box, but that didn't work either. I'm surprised it's not asking me for
the password.

And I tried accessing the file logged in as administrator, no luck there
again.

Any help out there?

Thanks,
Axel