Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jack

Default VLOOKUP

how do you create a Vlookup table that uses two references to get the correct
information, can this be done using a vertical reference and a horiziontal
reference to locate the correct cell. I think I have seen this before but
cannot remember where
--
Jack
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

One way

http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctio...ml#IndexMatch2

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"Jack" wrote in message
how do you create a Vlookup table that uses two references to get the
correct
information, can this be done using a vertical reference and a horiziontal
reference to locate the correct cell. I think I have seen this before but
cannot remember where
--
Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Maybe you saw =index(match())

You may want to read Debra Dalgleish's notes:
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html (for =vlookup())
and
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html (for =index(match()))

Jack wrote:

how do you create a Vlookup table that uses two references to get the correct
information, can this be done using a vertical reference and a horiziontal
reference to locate the correct cell. I think I have seen this before but
cannot remember where
--
Jack

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jack

thank you guys for the quick reply It might take me some time to understand
but it looks to be just what I need.
cheers!
--
Jack

Jack wrote:

how do you create a Vlookup table that uses two references to get the correct
information, can this be done using a vertical reference and a horiziontal
reference to locate the correct cell. I think I have seen this before but
cannot remember where
--
Jack

--