Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GISDude

Default Fill a column with sequential numbers

Hi all.
I know i've seen this before.
Let's say i have a worksheet with 200 records and various fields. I
want to add another field labeled "Lot" and want to populate it
seqentially from 1 to 200. Now, I could do this manually and add them
in 1 by 1, but I could swear I've seent a trick that will do it from 1
to 200.

Any tip/idea would be appreciated.
Thx,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peter1999

Just type "1" in the first cell, "2" in the second cell, and use your
mouse to drag the right/lower side down to 200..., excel will fill them
for you

--
Peter1999
Peter1999's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33997

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Desert Piranha

GISDude Wrote:
Hi all.
I know i've seen this before.
Let's say i have a worksheet with 200 records and various fields. I
want to add another field labeled "Lot" and want to populate it
seqentially from 1 to 200. Now, I could do this manually and add them
in 1 by 1, but I could swear I've seent a trick that will do it from 1
to 200.

Any tip/idea would be appreciated.
Thx,HI GISDude,

You could put a 1 in your top cell, then right click on the little
square, and drag down to your destination.
When you release the mouse, then select "series".

--
Desert Piranha

Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28934
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537611