Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brisbane Rob

Default Setting patterns

I have to regularly print a three page list and I set a pattern on every
third row to make it easier to read across the page. Now I want to
filter it so only rows which meet certain criteria are shown and some
will be hidden. This upsets the 'every third row' concept.

Any ideas on how I can achieve this?

Thanks.

--
Brisbane Rob
Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25096

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

You could use a helper column that uses the criteria to determine that
the row should be hidden or printed and Filter on the non-hidden rows.

Such a formula could be (say) testing column B, set in column E, set 1
in E1, and in E2 the formula:

=IF(B2="NO","H"&E1,1+MOD(RIGHT(E1),3))

dragged down to the end of your data.

filtered by Custom, Does Not Begin with H

Hope this helps