Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
worduser

Default using filters

Can somebody help me? I have several thousands lines of data. I use the
autofilter to organize data by product number, but I want to count how many
products of the same product numbers are there. I use the Count function, but
it doesn't work after the first section. For example, product number 2000 is
between cells A1234 to A2123, but when I run the count function with the
autofilter it automatically goes from A1 to A2123. It would take too long
for me to enter the range, IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN HIGHLIGHT A RANGE AND USE
THE COUNT AND AVERAGE FUNCTION WITHOUT MANUALLY ENTERING THE DATA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elkar

Lookup help on the SUBTOTAL funciton. It can be used to Count and Average
ranges while including or excluding filtered data. For example:

=SUBTOTAL(103,A1:2123)

This will provide a count of only the currently visible data within that
range.

HTH,
Elkar