Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jae

Default Spell check in a protected sheet

I built a form which includes numerous check boxes and text boxes. Due to
the sensitivity of the forumals, I have protected the sheet. Unfortunately,
my end users are unable to access the spell check function as a result.

Is there any way to protect the worksheet without disabling the spell check
feature in text boxes? Any help you guys can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

You can use this macro to unprotect, run the spellcheck, then re-protect the
sheet.

Sub Spell_Check()
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme"
Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="justme", DrawingObjects:=True, _
Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:13:03 -0700, Jae wrote:

I built a form which includes numerous check boxes and text boxes. Due to
the sensitivity of the forumals, I have protected the sheet. Unfortunately,
my end users are unable to access the spell check function as a result.

Is there any way to protect the worksheet without disabling the spell check
feature in text boxes? Any help you guys can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP