Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Strange formula 'non-calculation'

Hi,

I'm having a problem in Excel 2003 ... SP1.

I'm trying to do something very simple: populate cells in several
sheets with text based on text strings from a master sheet.

Here's the formula:

=IF($B$6="M",0,IF(ISBLANK('Threshold Determination'!D68),"",'Threshold
Determination'!D68))

For now, the value in 'Threshold Determination'!D68 is 1.

If I type this formula into the cell and hit enter, it works. Likewise,
if I fill down from higher rows, it works.

The problem occurs when D68 is blank originally, and I change it to 1.
The formula doesn't react to show a 1 in the cell. I just get a blank.
Calculation is set to automatic.

And here's the weird thing. This procedure has been working for me in
another worksheet that is essentially the same, except it is being
populated with values from another plant (manufacturing).

Formula auditing provides no help. For the last step,
=IF(FALSE,N/A,'Threshold Determination'!D68) evaluates to nothing, when
there is clearly a value in D68.

This is maddening.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

Hi,

For you to get to -=IF(FALSE,N/A,'Threshold Determination'!D68)- you
must already have passed the 'Threshold Determination'!D68 not "" test,
so, try =IF($B$6="M",0,IF(ISBLANK('Threshold
Determination'!D68),"",'Threshold
Determination'!D68)) (delete the red portions),
and if that works re-type the red portion
=IF($B$6="M",0,IF(ISBLANK('Threshold Determination'!D68),"",'Threshold
Determination'!D68))
to see if that helps.

no idea otherwise.

--

[...]