Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Martin

Default colour in formats

I have been reqeusted to produce a spreadsheet to which a cell will have
a three digit positive number (but can be text or even a formula if
needed) in it such as 747. I need the contents of this cell to change
colour depending on the results of a formula in another cell. (Is one
cell smaller, equal to, or larger than another cell). Red if negative.
Blue if 0. Green if positive. Can somebody please help me with this

Thanks
Martin

--
Martin

Martin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=191
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537232

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You may want to try Format|Conditional formatting.

You can use the results of other cells in your rule.

Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html
in particular:
http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat02.html

Martin wrote:

I have been reqeusted to produce a spreadsheet to which a cell will have
a three digit positive number (but can be text or even a formula if
needed) in it such as 747. I need the contents of this cell to change
colour depending on the results of a formula in another cell. (Is one
cell smaller, equal to, or larger than another cell). Red if negative.
Blue if 0. Green if positive. Can somebody please help me with this

Thanks
Martin

--
Martin

Martin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=191
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537232

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey

Take a look at "Conditional Formatting" in XL Help.

For example: Select your cell (say, A1 which should be colored based on
cell B1). Set the dropdowns and textboxes to read:

CF1: Formula is =A1<B1
Format1: <font/<red

CF2: Formula is =A1=B1
Format2: <font/<blue