Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy

Default Email a single worksheet

We are having a problem trying to email a single worksheet since we have
installed Exhcange 2003. We are running Office 2000. We can email the whole
workbook but not just a sheet. We get a microsoft excel error message that
says Excel could not start the e-mail program. Check your network connection.
Make sure Office is installed correctly, your email program is setup
correctly and you can connect to your email server. We have done all of this.
I thinkg that it might be the Office 2000 and Exchange 2003.
Thanks
--
Stellier
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

You can't email a single sheet, never could. The only way manually is to
copy the particular sheet to a new workbook and mail that workbook.
Otherwsie you would need VBA.

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"Sandy" wrote in message
We are having a problem trying to email a single worksheet since we have
installed Exhcange 2003. We are running Office 2000. We can email the
whole
workbook but not just a sheet. We get a microsoft excel error message that
says Excel could not start the e-mail program. Check your network
connection.
Make sure Office is installed correctly, your email program is setup
correctly and you can connect to your email server. We have done all of
this.
I thinkg that it might be the Office 2000 and Exchange 2003.
Thanks
--
Stellier

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy

Peo...thanks for getting back to me...I disagree with you...you can/could
email a single worksheet in a workbook...we have done it with Excel 2003 and
we could do it before with outlook....

--
Stellier

"Sandy" wrote in message
We are having a problem trying to email a single worksheet since we have
installed Exhcange 2003. We are running Office 2000. We can email the
whole
workbook but not just a sheet. We get a microsoft excel error message that
says Excel could not start the e-mail program. Check your network
connection.
Make sure Office is installed correctly, your email program is setup
correctly and you can connect to your email server. We have done all of
this.
I thinkg that it might be the Office 2000 and Exchange 2003.
Thanks
--
Stellier

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy

Peo...I was just at the computer that has Office 2003...when you click on the
letter/envelope on the tool bar you get the following message...Email...you
can send the entire workbook as an attachment to an email message or send the
current sheet as the body of an email message..the you get 2 choices...1st
choice is send the entire workbook as an attachment ..2nd choice is send the
current sheet as the message body...I selected the message body and it
works...why not with office 2000 and Exchange 2003.

--
Stellier

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

How? Unless you have an add-in which would go under "Otherwise you would
need VBA."
it is not possible

Peo

"Sandy" wrote in message
We are having a problem trying to email a single worksheet since we
have
installed Exhcange 2003. We are running Office 2000. We can email the
whole
workbook but not just a sheet. We get a microsoft excel error message
that
says Excel could not start the e-mail program. Check your network
connection.
Make sure Office is installed correctly, your email program is setup
correctly and you can connect to your email server. We have done all of
this.
I thinkg that it might be the Office 2000 and Exchange 2003.
Thanks
--
Stellier

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Sandy

You can email selected range(s) from a worksheet as a "message body" but you
cannot send that sheet as an attached file on its own.

Semantics playing a part here, I do believe.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You can't email a single sheet, never could. The only way manually is to
copy the particular sheet to a new workbook and mail that workbook.
Otherwsie you would need VBA.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy

Gord
I didn't select a range I just was on a particular sheet and did the
email...mind you the receipent sees this huge page...but you don't have to
select a range...I guess the answer to my question is if you are on the
Exchange 2003 for email you should be on Office 2003 also.
--
Stellier

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You can't email a single sheet, never could. The only way manually is to
copy the particular sheet to a new workbook and mail that workbook.
Otherwsie you would need VBA.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin

Hi Sandy

You are correct

See number 3
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You can't email a single sheet, never could. The only way manually is to
copy the particular sheet to a new workbook and mail that workbook.
Otherwsie you would need VBA.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Could there be a semantic difference in the way people are responding to the
question.

I could use xl2003 to email a single worksheet, but it surely wasn't a single
worksheet when I received it.

I remember a couple of guys going out to see my brand new 1984 Datsun 210. One
asked if the driver side mirror folded in.

I said no.

The third guy said: Yes it will--once.

I can't believe this helps, but I do like that story.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You can't email a single sheet, never could. The only way manually is to
copy the particular sheet to a new workbook and mail that workbook.
Otherwsie you would need VBA.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

You don't email a sheet per se, you email what basically is a pasted copy of
the sheet, you can't email any formulas like if you would email the workbook
so in a way yes you can email a copy of the sheet for viewing but nothing to
put your teeth into

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey