Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dr. Darrell

Default ... I'd like to change the Default Folder...

I'd like to change the Default Folder within the "Insert Hyperlink Dialog Box".

I have been typing a lot of links that are originated from the same folder.
It's annoying to have to browse al the way to the folder each time.

Can I can change the default folder in this dialog box?

Darrell
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Try this:

<File<Properties<Summary tab
Fill in the Hyperlink Base field with the path you prefer

That sets the base location for all hyperlinks in the workbook.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Dr. Darrell" wrote:

I'd like to change the Default Folder within the "Insert Hyperlink Dialog Box".

I have been typing a lot of links that are originated from the same folder.
It's annoying to have to browse al the way to the folder each time.

Can I can change the default folder in this dialog box?

Darrell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dr. Darrell

Ron:

That did not work.

Darrell

"Dr. Darrell" wrote:

I'd like to change the Default Folder within the "Insert Hyperlink Dialog Box".

I have been typing a lot of links that are originated from the same folder.
It's annoying to have to browse al the way to the folder each time.

Can I can change the default folder in this dialog box?

Darrell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Per Excel Help:

Set the base address for the hyperlinks in a workbook

By default, unspecified paths to hyperlink destination files are relative to
the location of the active workbook. Use this procedure when you want to set
a different default path. Each time you create a hyperlink to a file in that
location, you'll only have to specify the file name, not the path, in the
Insert Hyperlink dialog box.

On the File menu, click Properties.
Click the Summary tab.
In the Hyperlink base box, type the path you want to use.
Note You can override the hyperlink base address by using the full, or
absolute, address for the hyperlink in the Insert Hyperlink dialog box.
<<

What problem are you experiencing?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Dr. Darrell" wrote:

Ron:

That did not work.

Darrell

"Dr. Darrell" wrote:

I'd like to change the Default Folder within the "Insert Hyperlink Dialog Box".

I have been typing a lot of links that are originated from the same folder.
It's annoying to have to browse al the way to the folder each time.

Can I can change the default folder in this dialog box?

Darrell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have tried this over and over and it is not working, what am I doing wrong?

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

[...]

"Dr. Darrell" wrote:

Ron:

That did not work.