Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill

Default Linking cells with colors or highlights

Values in worksheet A are linked to cells in worksheet B. I need to
highlight certain values in A and have the highlight link to and remain with
the value in B. If I use a background color as a way to highlight certain
cells in A, the background color does not link to B. Also, I need the
highlight in B to be associated with the linked value in B - not the cell
location in B. If the highlight in B is associated with the cell in B, when
I do a row sort in B, the highlight becomes separated from the value in B.

Another way to pose the problem is to ask how to link formatted values with
formats in A with cells in B, so that the formatting in B is associated with
the vlaue in B, not the cell in B.
--
Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

I think that you are, unfortunately, asking the wrong question.

Values and Formulas are used to display values in Cells, they can be
copied, changed, moved and sorted.

Cells are the interseting points between Columns and Rows. Cells have
display attributes which are not dependant upon the data which the cell
contains (although that data is constrained by the Cell's format
conditions).

Conditional Formatting allows 3 conditions of formatting a Cell
dependant upon the data contained within the cell (or other cells). You
can apply the same conditional formatting to many ranges, and the data
will be displayed according to the rules of that formatting.

If you apply the same Conditional Format to Worksheets A and B then you
will see the same highlights for like data.

Further than this you can add some VB code for additional formats, but
this also would tend to follow the cell or range rather than the data.

Hope this helps.

--

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536577