A-man

Default Changing Colors of Cells

Is this possible?

I would like to change the color or formating of multiple cells based on
another cells value and or the value in a drop down list.

Conditional formating does not seem to be able to do this.

Thanks!

Frank Kabel

Hi
as an example:
- range of cells is B1:C20
- drop-down to check is in A1
- color B1:C20 if cell A1 contains the value 20

Try the following:
- select B1:C20
- goto the conditional format dialog
- enter the following formula:
=$A$1=20
- choose your format

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

A-man wrote:
Is this possible?

I would like to change the color or formating of multiple cells based
on another cells value and or the value in a drop down list.

Conditional formating does not seem to be able to do this.

Thanks!

Debra Dalgleish

In the Conditional Formatting dialog box, choose 'Formula Is' from the
first dropdown list. Then, enter a formula that refers to the cells you
want to check.

There's an example he

http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat02.html

A-man wrote:
I would like to change the color or formating of multiple cells based on
another cells value and or the value in a drop down list.

Conditional formating does not seem to be able to do this.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html