Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fullam

Default This has to be simple but......

Sorry I suspect this is a very simple question but I am afraid its
stumped me

I have used a VLOOkUP on a set of dates. When a cell in the range I am
looking up is blank Excel is putting in the date of 00/01/1900 which in
turn is reeking havoc with a chart I am building.

How do I change the furmula or format the cell so that LOOKUP shows a
blank cell when the cell it is looking up is blank rather than this
meaningless date.

--
Fullam
Fullam's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33363

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fullam

Thanks Bob, very kind of you and it works perfectly - cheers

--
Fullam
Fullam's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33363
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536430

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BlueDaze

Another way of doing it:

=IF(isblank(VLOOKUP(...))=true,"",VLOOKUP(...))

--
BlueDaze

BlueDaze's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27465
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536430