Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike S

Default Macro Security Drop Down

-Running Excel 2000 with Win XP Pro
-Recently had to reformat and since Office 2000 was an upgrade, loaded
Office 97 then loaded 2k.
-Problem: The security tab is not even in the macro menu drop down so I
cannot change macro security.
-I am the only user on this computer, and am signed on as the administrator.
-Norton AV script blocking off/on has no effect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

Just a guess, but in
C:\Documents and Settings\-your name-\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel
is a .xlb file, with Excel closed, rename that to *.xl97 and re-open
Excel 2003

or from the Start - select Run
Excel.exe /regserver

and let me know if this helps.

--

Mike S Wrote:
-Running Excel 2000 with Win XP Pro
-Recently had to reformat and since Office 2000 was an upgrade, loaded
Office 97 then loaded 2k.
-Problem: The security tab is not even in the macro menu drop down so
cannot change macro security.
-I am the only user on this computer, and am signed on as the
administrator.
-Norton AV script blocking off/on has no effect.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536240

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike S

That did it, but is there a way to combine the two Excel.xlb files so I don't
lose all my custom toolbars & buttons? Some of the buttons go back to XL95.
Or, will I have to manually redo them all?

Thanks for your help.

Mike S Wrote:
-Running Excel 2000 with Win XP Pro
-Recently had to reformat and since Office 2000 was an upgrade, loaded
Office 97 then loaded 2k.
-Problem: The security tab is not even in the macro menu drop down so
cannot change macro security.
-I am the only user on this computer, and am signed on as the
administrator.
-Norton AV script blocking off/on has no effect.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536240

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

If they go back to XL95 then I would reccommend a re-do, and if possible
setup as a macro, this way you can re-set them should you have a need to
remove the .xlb file to reset Defaults in the future.

--
HTH
--

Mike S Wrote:
-Running Excel 2000 with Win XP Pro
-Recently had to reformat and since Office 2000 was an upgrade,

loaded
Office 97 then loaded 2k.
-Problem: The security tab is not even in the macro menu drop down

so
cannot change macro security.
-I am the only user on this computer, and am signed on as the
administrator.
-Norton AV script blocking off/on has no effect.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Bryan Hessey

Bryan Hessey's Profile: