greg

Default Is there a way to change the default shading color ?

Is there a way to change the default shading color ?
Whenever I start Excel, the shading colour in the "Fill Colour" icon, in the
Formatting Toolbar, has changed back to a light yellow color. I would like
this to default to another color.

I am using Excel 2000.
greg

I don;t have that file in my startup folder or anywhere on my system. Should
that be part of the set of files that come with Excel 2000?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

change your book.xlt which is stored in your startup folder

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"greg" wrote in message
Is there a way to change the default shading color ?
Whenever I start Excel, the shading colour in the "Fill Colour" icon, in

the
Formatting Toolbar, has changed back to a light yellow color. I would like
this to default to another color.

I am using Excel 2000.

Gord Dibben

greg

BOOK.XLT has to be created. It is not part of the installation.

Before you go any further........setting the Fill Color to anything but yellow
will not save with the BOOK.XLT so would be a waste of time for this function.

To create a BOOK.XLT...............

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. FileSave As Type: scroll down
to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes).
Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNewWorkbook.

Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"greg" wrote in message
Is there a way to change the default shading color ?
Whenever I start Excel, the shading colour in the "Fill Colour" icon, in

the
Formatting Toolbar, has changed back to a light yellow color. I would like
this to default to another color.

I am using Excel 2000.

Dave Peterson

And the way you'd change that color....

This was posted by Debra Dalgleish:

This should set the default colour for any new books:

1. Create a new, blank workbook.
2. Choose ToolsOptions
3. On the Colour tab, click on the yellow square
4. Click Modify, select a colour as the default, click OK
5. To make yellow available, select the square that has the same colour
as the new default, and change it to yellow
6. Click OK.
7. Choose FileSave As
8. Save as Type: Template
9. FileName: Book
10. Location -- save the file in your XLSTART folder
11. Click Save