Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
panjo

Default Convert UDF from excel 2000 to excel 2003

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet with 2 UDF's. It works fine in excel 2000, but not in
2003.
The UDF is in the form udfname(a;b;c;d;e).
When I use udfname(1;2;3;4;5) it works, but when I use
udfname(a1;a2;a3;a4;a5) it doesn't work, even not when I fill in 1 in cel a1,
2 in cel a2 etc.

I didn't create the sheet by myself, maybe it was created in excel 97.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this ?
Is it possible to edit the UDF ? I cannot fnd it as a macro or in the
viasula basic editor.

Regards,
Panjo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

< it doesn't work,

How do you notice that? What does "doesn't work" mean? Blank cell? Error message (What)? Wrong answer?
What are the UDFs supposed to do? Are they not Analysis Toolpak functions? Toolsadd-ins, check Analysis Toolpak and try again.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
-
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"panjo" wrote in message ...
| Hello,
|
| I have a spreadsheet with 2 UDF's. It works fine in excel 2000, but not in
| 2003.
| The UDF is in the form udfname(a;b;c;d;e).
| When I use udfname(1;2;3;4;5) it works, but when I use
| udfname(a1;a2;a3;a4;a5) it doesn't work, even not when I fill in 1 in cel a1,
| 2 in cel a2 etc.
|
| I didn't create the sheet by myself, maybe it was created in excel 97.
|

| Does anyone have an idea how to solve this ?
| Is it possible to edit the UDF ? I cannot fnd it as a macro or in the
| viasula basic editor.
|
| Regards,
| Panjo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
panjo

Yes, you are right. After checking the analysis toolpak functions and
recalculating the sheet it is working. (first I got #VALUE! in each field).

Thanks a lot.

Panjo