Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elizabeth A.

Default How do I wrap text in more than one cell at a time?

I want to format a group of adjacent cells to wrap text. I am highlighting
the cells and then using alignment/wrap text. This does not work so I am
formatting each cell one by one. There must be a faster way to do this. Any
assistance would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

Selecting a group of cells should (normally) allow you to set the 'wrap'
option within the Format Cells even though items such as dates and
amounts do not wrap.

Does the problem occur with (say) 3 test cells that you can 'wrap'
individually?

Do you have some cells that are strangely formatted ?

--

Elizabeth A. Wrote:
I want to format a group of adjacent cells to wrap text. I am
highlighting
the cells and then using alignment/wrap text. This does not work so I
am
formatting each cell one by one. There must be a faster way to do
this. Any
assistance would be appreciated.

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=534825

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elizabeth A.

Brilliant! I am wrapping text and it does work with groups of cells.
However I did not see the wrapping because the row heights stayed the same.
(I know, don't quit my day job.) Thanks, Bryan.

Elizabeth A. Wrote:
I want to format a group of adjacent cells to wrap text. I am
highlighting
the cells and then using alignment/wrap text. This does not work so I
am
formatting each cell one by one. There must be a faster way to do
this. Any
assistance would be appreciated.

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=534825

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

Good to see a resolution, and thanks for the response

--

Elizabeth A. Wrote:
I want to format a group of adjacent cells to wrap text. I am
highlighting
the cells and then using alignment/wrap text. This does not work

so I
am
formatting each cell one by one. There must be a faster way to do
this. Any
assistance would be appreciated.

--
Bryan Hessey

Bryan Hessey's Profile:

View this thread:

Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=534825

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I read this hoping to get an answer to the row height staying the same. I can
make the text wrap but the cell does not change size with the added text. How
can I make it resize automatically? I know it can be done but don't know how.
Help please.

Elizabeth A. Wrote:
I want to format a group of adjacent cells to wrap text. I am
highlighting
the cells and then using alignment/wrap text. This does not work

so I
am
formatting each cell one by one. There must be a faster way to do
this. Any
assistance would be appreciated.

--
Bryan Hessey

Bryan Hessey's Profile:

View this thread:

Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=534825

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Generally setting wordwrap and rowautofit will do the job to expand the
contents.

If you have manually set the row height, go back into FormatRowsAutofit to
reset.

If you have those two settings enabled but not getting autofit it may be
that you are using merged cells.

These won't autofit without event code in the worksheet.

If that's the case, post back if you want the code.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Elizabeth A. Wrote:
I want to format a group of adjacent cells to wrap text. I am
highlighting
the cells and then using alignment/wrap text. This does not work
so I
am
formatting each cell one by one. There must be a faster way to do
this. Any
assistance would be appreciated.

--
Bryan Hessey

Bryan Hessey's Profile:
View this thread:

Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=534825

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would like the code, since I am trying to do a similiar task. Using VB6 to
programmatically set a cell to wrap text and autofit as I create the
spreadsheet.

Thanks,

Dick Lang

Elizabeth A. Wrote:
I want to format a group of adjacent cells to wrap text. I am
highlighting
the cells and then using alignment/wrap text. This does not work
so I
am
formatting each cell one by one. There must be a faster way to do
this. Any
assistance would be appreciated.

--
Bryan Hessey

Bryan Hessey's Profile:
View this thread:

Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=534825

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you using merged cells?

If so, code by Greg Wilson can be found here.............

Watch out for word wrap in the URL which is all one line.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1c160cbeb27874

If no merged cells, the regular wraptext and rowautofit should work OK

Gord

Elizabeth A. Wrote:
I want to format a group of adjacent cells to wrap text. I am
highlighting
the cells and then using alignment/wrap text. This does not work
so I
am
formatting each cell one by one. There must be a faster way to do
this. Any
assistance would be appreciated.

--
Bryan Hessey

Bryan Hessey's Profile:
View this thread:

Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=534825

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
Let say, there are four cells together in one column and all have some text
in them. If I select all cells and do Home--Wrap Text. The first cell's text
remain and other three cell's text deleted itself. But I want to combine the
text of all four cells in first cell. Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Asad

Elizabeth A. Wrote:
I want to format a group of adjacent cells to wrap text. I am
highlighting
the cells and then using alignment/wrap text. This does not work
so I
am
formatting each cell one by one. There must be a faster way to do
this. Any
assistance would be appreciated.

--
Bryan Hessey

Bryan Hessey's Profile:
View this thread:

Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=534825

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you are losing text from all but the top left cell then you are not
clicking on Wrap Text.

You are clicking Merge and Center................which takes the value from
one cell only and warns you that this will happen.

To have the text from 4 cells into one..............

=Cell1 & Cell2 & Cell3 & Cell4 entered in a cell not within that range.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP