Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
harvindersingh1

Default Arrangement

I have certain data in column A. Some quantities are repeating, some are
repeating two times some 3 times and so on. *I want duplicate entries to
be removed in column A*.

With regards
harvinder

--
harvindersingh1
harvindersingh1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31725

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First, you have to sort all the records with respect to column A.
then run this vba code to remove all the duplicates.

Sub RemoveDuplicate()

totalrows = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
For Row = totalrows To 2 Step -1
If Cells(Row, 1).Value = Cells(Row - 1, 1).Value Then
Rows(Row).Delete
End If
Next Row

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

If you refer to your other post, and use my original formula for
displaying duplicates, ie:

=IF($A2=$A1,"",IF($A2<INDIRECT("$A"&ROW()+COLUMN( )-2),"",INDIRECT("$A"&ROW()+COLUMN()-2)))

then you can copy the whole sheet, and paste special = Values (back
over itsself), then remove column A