Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lsmft

Default No Sat & Sundays

When I set up a spreadsheet for 6 months, I have my dates across the
top. eg (A-1)=Jan.1, (B-1)=Jan 2 etc.
Is it possible to do this but not have any weekends? After setting the
sheet up, I always go back to delete all of the Saturdays & Sundays.
Is there a way to put in say, A-1=Jan 1st, click and drag across the
sheet to June 30 without having any Saturdays and Sundays and still
keep the dates in order? By that I mean if Friday is Jan 5th, then the
next column would represent Monday Jan 7th.

--
lsmft
lsmft's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30678

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK

Enter your first date in A1 - ensure this is not a Saturday or Sunday.
In B1 enter this formula:

=IF(WEEKDAY(A1,2)=5,A1+3,A1+1)

Format this as a date, then copy across your columns.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul B

lsmft, right click when you drag the formula, when you let go you will have
some options to pick from, pick fill weekdays
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"lsmft" wrote in
message ...

When I set up a spreadsheet for 6 months, I have my dates across the
top. eg (A-1)=Jan.1, (B-1)=Jan 2 etc.
Is it possible to do this but not have any weekends? After setting the
sheet up, I always go back to delete all of the Saturdays & Sundays.
Is there a way to put in say, A-1=Jan 1st, click and drag across the
sheet to June 30 without having any Saturdays and Sundays and still
keep the dates in order? By that I mean if Friday is Jan 5th, then the
next column would represent Monday Jan 7th.

--
lsmft
lsmft's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=532307

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

Enter in the starting date and then in the next column to the right insert
the following formula and copy to all remaining cells. The formula assumes
that the first date is in Cell A1:

=IF(WEEKDAY(A1+1)=7,A1+3,IF(WEEKDAY(A1+1) =1,A1+2,A1+1))
--
Kevin Backmann

"lsmft" wrote:

When I set up a spreadsheet for 6 months, I have my dates across the
top. eg (A-1)=Jan.1, (B-1)=Jan 2 etc.
Is it possible to do this but not have any weekends? After setting the
sheet up, I always go back to delete all of the Saturdays & Sundays.
Is there a way to put in say, A-1=Jan 1st, click and drag across the
sheet to June 30 without having any Saturdays and Sundays and still
keep the dates in order? By that I mean if Friday is Jan 5th, then the
next column would represent Monday Jan 7th.

--
lsmft
lsmft's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30678
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=532307

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lsmft

All 3 Cotton-pick'n suggestions worked just great. Thanks much to you
all.

--
lsmft
lsmft's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30678